FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPLAINTS.
HOW TO COMPLAIN ABOUT YOUR FINANCE AGREEMENT.
If you would like to make a complaint in relation to a MINI Finance Agreement, please contact:
Customer Services Department
MINI Financial Services
Telephone 0370 5050 123
Our lines are open 8:00am to 7:00pm Monday to Friday and 9:00am to 5:00pm on Saturdays and will be charged at local rate. The price of calls may vary with other telephone service providers. Please check with your provider for exact charges.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PROVIDE.
To help us investigate and try to resolve your complaint, please provide us with the following information:
- your name and address;
- your agreement number, if you have one;
- details of how we can contact you;
- a clear description of your complaint;
- details of what you would like us to do to rectify the situation;
- and if appropriate, copies of any relevant supporting documentation.
We will do our best to resolve your complaint quickly, and will send you a Summary Resolution Letter if your complaint is resolved by close of the third business day following receipt of your complaint; or
- within 5 working days, provide a written acknowledgement of your complaint and give you the details of who is handling the case and how to contact them,
- keep you updated on the progress of your complaint,
and within 8 weeks of receiving your complaint, we will either:
- write to you with our final response and the reasons for providing this response, or
- explain why we are not in a position to give you a final response and let you know when we expect to be able to provide it, and
- in each case provide you with the contact details for the Financial Ombudsman Service.
if you are still not happy.
If you are still dissatisfied with either:
- our response, or
- the reasons for any delay in providing our final response within eight weeks from the day we received your complaint
You can usually ask the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independent review.
To be able to ask them for an independent review you must have given us an opportunity to find a resolution first and you must be:
- a private individual, or
- a business, charity, or trust with an annual turnover of less than 2 million euros and fewer than 10 employees
If you wish to pursue your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service you must do so within 6 months from the date on which we send you our final response letter.
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Telephone: 0300 123 9123
MINI Financial Services is a member of the Finance and Leasing Association (the FLA). If you are not happy with our final response and would like to refer your complaint to the FLA’s conciliation scheme, you may phone the FLA on 020 7836 6511 or find the information you will need at www.fla.org.uk.
The FLA will try to conciliate (help you reach an agreement with us). The FLA can’t award any compensation. You will not be entitled to use the FLA conciliation scheme if your complaint has been decided by the Financial Ombudsman Service or a court.
We are also members of the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA). All vehicles returned to MINI Financial Services are inspected in line with the British Vehicle Renting and Leasing Association fair wear and tear guidelines. This ensures that all customers are treated fairly with regard to any potential charges upon the vehicle return.
or by writing to them at:
or by Fax: 01494 434499.