EXISTING FINANCE CUSTOMERS.
To take care of your vehicle, you'll need to make sure that you carry out the regular vehicle checks advised in your Manufacturer's handbook. That includes ensuring:
- Your tyre pressures are correct.
- Antifreeze is added to your vehicle cooling system. Please note, if this is not done, your vehicle might suffer from frost damage therefore you might be charged for the cost of repairs associated with this.
- Petrol and lubricants are topped up in-between services.
- Tyres damaged by punctures and accidents are repaired or replaced as soon as possible.
- The body work and interior are maintained. If you return the vehicle to us, you'll be charged for any damage that is not considered to be fair wear and tear. In determining 'good condition' we apply British Vehicle Rental & Leasing Association (BVRLA) standards. You can find more information on this in both your MINI agreement or by viewing the BVRLA Fair Wear and Tear Guide.
We recommend that you replace your tyres when the tread has reached 2mm (the legal minimum is 1.6mm).
MINI Tyre Insurance helps contribute towards the unexpected cost of repairing or replacing tyres if they are damaged either accidentally or by a malicious act, regardless of your annual mileage.
Every MINI windscreen is laminated, so it's highly unlikely to shatter. If your windscreen is chipped or suffers minor damage, it can be easily repaired at a MINI Centre while you wait. Sometimes these repairs or subsequent replacements are covered by your motor insurance policy, check with your insurance provider to see if you are covered.
We recommend a MINI Centre fits a new windscreen, and for more serious and potentially dangerous windscreen damage, you should contact MINI Emergency Service for immediate assistance on 0800 777 101 (Calls cost £1 per minute plus your phone company’s access charge).
Please note, for Contract Hire customers, repairs to damaged window and light glass are not covered under your agreement.
The beauty of a MINI lies as much on the surface as it does in its driving dynamics. You want the perfect good looks of your new MINI to last forever: yet the constant scuffs, scratches, chips and dents of everyday driving say otherwise.
MINI Cosmetic Repair Insurance will insure you against the minor damages created by day-to-day motoring. It brings the finest MINI craftsmanship, fast repairs and state of the art techniques, to keep the appearance of your MINI as perfect as the day you bought it.